Research and Business Insights Manager
WHO WE ARE
Babylist is the anything-and-everything baby registry that offers our users the benefits of both a specialty retailer and an everything-baby marketplace. We’re rapidly transforming the Baby Registry and eCommerce landscape and have become the go-to solution for millennial parents.
WHO YOU ARE
- You’re a strong storyteller who can turn multiple data points into cohesive and insightful stories.
- You can spot trends and present them to an audience of executives and other stakeholders with different backgrounds.
- You’re curious and obsessed with answering the WHY behind the data trends.
- You’re a data visualization wizard who can communicate complex insights in an easy-to-understand way for a wide range of audiences.
- You're self-directed, proactive and able to define and execute projects independently
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are familiar with SQL and more scientific reporting languages such as Python, R, MatLab, etc.
- You can prioritize without being overwhelmed.
This is a contract role with a potential to hire in the San Francisco Bay Area.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You will own business intelligence, market research and consumer insights at Babylist, both internally and externally.
- Partnering closely with the Business Development team, you’ll help us answer the specific questions that come up from our brand partners. You’ll share consumer and registry insights to help our business partners with their overall market positioning as well as registry growth goals.
- You’ll partner with our Data Scientist to gather the data from our own database, and you’ll turn them into meaningful and actionable insights.
- You’ll work closely with our PR team to establish Babylist as an expert in the larger Baby industry by sharing consumer insights on market trends through the lens of data.
- You'll conduct surveys to better understand our audience and different audience segments. Your findings and insights not only will help our marketing strategy but also influence the marketing strategy for many household brand names in the Baby industry.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in market research, consumer insights and business intelligence.
- From writing the actual questions to running and analyzing the data, you’re an expert in conducting surveys and doing audience research.
- You can synthesize qualitative and quantitative data to present reach and in-depth consumer insights.
- You have a strong statistics background and know what type of analysis methodologies apply to different types of problems.
- You’re excited about doing deep data analysis based on a vague question or hunch. You can see patterns in data and tell a story.
- You have exceptional organizational and teamwork skills.
- You’re proficient in Excel, PowerPoint / Keynote.
- You have excellent presentation skills.
Sound interesting? We can’t wait to speak with you! Just fill out the form and we’ll be in touch.
- Competitive pay
- Competitive health benefits with a FSA account for vision and dental
- 401(k) and disability insurance
- Flexible, paid parental leave policy
- Work from home on Wednesdays
- Work with a passionate, super smart team of individuals