Branded Content Editor
Babylist is looking for a full-time Branded Content Editor to drive branded content growth and oversee the entire process from pre-sale pitches through execution. The ideal candidate is a creative, adaptable writer who’s passionate about creating excellent, on-brand content that align with partners’ objectives.
This role will report to the Managing Editor and work closely with the Marketing and Ad Sales teams.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You have 3+ years in content creation for a strong editorial brand with either experience in branded content or a strong strategic understanding of applying editorial to branded content.
- You have experience working with clients and helping translate their vision into on-brand content solutions.
- You're a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills— you should be able to communicate across teams to find solutions whenever possible.
- You are a great communicator in person and on paper, with a creative vision, spot-on judgement, and the ability to take talking points and turn them into engaging, authentic and relatable content.
- You have a flawless command of spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- You take initiative and work efficiently with little direction.
- You are eager to work in a fast-moving startup environment and collaborate with others on innovative new processes.
- You have a four-year college degree or equivalent.
- You are based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Plus: you have experience with producing or advising on video content.
- Plus plus: You are passionate about expecting parents and the vertical of baby products.
- Pitch, write and edit all branded content. This includes: advertorial articles, emails, social copy, contests/sweeps, editorial integrations and more.
- Create a scalable strategy for successful branded content that supports partner goals while resonating with the Babylist audience.
- Use data to evaluate existing custom content and identify new opportunities and iterate on your ideas with real world feedback.
- Maintain Babylist brand and editorial integrity in all copy and marketing work.
- Collaborate with editorial, marketing, sales and account management to drive custom content campaigns, processes and workflows.
Founded in 2011, Babylist is the fastest growing universal baby registry in the US. We make the journey to parenthood easier and less overwhelming with our helpful content, curated store and universal baby registry. In 2017 more than $150m in gifts were purchased from the Babylist platform. Our content reaches more than 1m families every month, and 1 in 5 expecting parents in the US create a Babylist. We strive to be the largest baby registry in the US and to develop an innovative ecommerce strategy that serves new parents wherever they are.
Why You Will Love Working at Babylist:
* We get stuff done.
* We have a real impact in many people’s lives.
* We're passionate about our users and we genuinely like and appreciate them.
* We work at a sustainable pace for long-term gains (yes, we’re profitable).
* We’re a technological and data-driven business.
* We are doers, but also thinkers.
* We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative.
* We have smart, experienced leadership that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas.