Senior Product Designer (UX)
WHO WE ARE
Babylist is the anything and everything baby registry that offers our users the benefits of both a specialty retailer and an everything-store marketplace. We’re rapidly transforming the Baby Registry and eCommerce landscape and have become the go-to solution for millennial parents.
WHO YOU ARE
Babylist is making deep investments in Product and Design, and we’re looking to bring on a Senior Product Designer to partner with Product on significant areas of the roadmap. It’s a special and rare opportunity to be part of a team that will re-imagine the digital design and interaction language of our site and app as we prepare for our next phase of growth. We’re looking to you to help our design go from good to great. You’ll report directly to the Head of Product Design, and you’ll be in a flat org with easy access to senior management.
We’re looking for a candidate who brings full-stack skills and is experienced driving both the Product’s UX and UI. This is the ideal job for someone who likes to work autonomously, has a good balance of both emotion and transaction-driven design experience, and thrives in a culture with others who share their entrepreneurial spirit. At the same time, you’ll benefit from being with a seasoned senior team who will help to mentor and grow your career.
Finally, you’re a person who has a passion to make a difference with your products and design. Babylist plays an integral part in the most important moment in a person’s life, and you can directly impact the quality of life for both parents and parents-to-be.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Partner to establish and evolve Babylist’s digital design and interaction language.
- Be a major force in Design Sprint sessions for Zero-to-One products.
- With Product, map out the user journey and establish areas of focus.
- Drive the qualitative Discovery process, including in-person Product health checks, InVision (or similar) prototyping, usertesting.com, and other user research methods.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Business leaders, and Marketing to evaluate and achieve product/market fit.
- Be a strong advocate for our users and leverage research to understand the true “job-to-be-done” that she wants Babylist to do for her.
- Partner with Engineering for prototyping, coding and visual QA.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You’re an experienced UX or Product Designer with 4-6 years of consumer-facing product experience.
- You’ve contributed to at least one major redesign.
- You’ve designed for transactional products and/or products that have long user journeys.
- You’re experienced using InVision (or similar) for creating testable prototypes.
- You’ve thrived in an agile environment with engineers and know how to partner in the sprint process.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive pay.
- Competitive health benefits with an FSA account for vision and dental.
- Commuting benefits.
- 401(k) and disability insurance.
- Flexible, paid parental leave policy.
- Working with a passionate, super smart team of individuals.