Director of Warehouse Operations
Babylist is looking for a seasoned Dir. of Warehouse Operations to manage our Sacramento warehouse. This leader is responsible for the development and performance of the warehouse, including safety, operational processes, warehouse management system, material handling, human resources, recruiting and labor planning and management. As a key leader in a rapidly growing company, you own not only the day to day overall labor planning, staff management and output of the warehouse but also strategic planning and execution vis-à-vis operational process, technical systems, and warehouse team culture and professional development. The leader works with top management to set performance and profitability goals and owns their successful execution across all levels of the warehouse. Most importantly this role is responsible for establishing a leadership culture and system that fosters satisfaction and career progression for a growing team of general associates and leads.
This location leader is critical in scaling the warehouse organization and its processes to meet the needs and goals of a growing operation. If you are experienced and excited by establishing and evolving warehouse operations, lean ops, and managing and motivating teams then you are encouraged to apply.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop, execute and continuously improve safety, systems and standard processes for all warehouse operations, equipment and space management.
- Develop, submit, recommend and meet financial budgets and statements. Maintain a safe physical space and operational processes according to OSHA standards and team member code of conduct.
- Lead associate training and development. Ensure leaders and team members are trained and set up to meet accuracy, productivity, volume and service level targets.
- Create and utilize metrics, dashboards and tools to support warehouse operations and administration in meeting and exceeding productivity, accuracy and service level goals.
- Develop and document new processes that support our efforts to continuously improve the accuracy and efficiency of the warehouse
- Use forecasts to ensure proper monthly and day to day staffing to meet volume needs of all warehouse departments while adhering to budgeted labor costs.
- Audit all payroll bills and ensure proper payment according to contract terms.
- Lead and foster a productive culture of performance and excellence - with ownership over hiring, terminations, coaching, training, recognition and rewards, performance evaluation and management, discipline, addressing employee concerns and staff productivity.
- Develop department specific employment policies (i.e. attendance, behavior, etc.) to establish a solid foundation to the warehouse.
- Oversee design and procurement for all material handling and packaging, with a constant eye on cost improvements.
- Work with cross-functional team members in Customer Service, Merchandising, and Planning to solve problems and delight customers.
WHO YOU ARE
- You consider ideas thoroughly and approach issues from different angles.
- You are forward thinking, anticipating problems and creating sustainable solutions from rough ideas.
- You are data driven and make decisions through operational impact. You back up ideas with hard numbers.
- You are an effective communicator and leader for employees and direct reports.
- You’re an experienced people manager.
- You're self-directed, proactive, and able to define and execute projects independently.
- You can prioritize without being overwhelmed.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- 10+ years warehouse experience end-to-end, from labor planning and training to receiving operations, inventory control, and order fulfillment. Bonus if you have experience scaling during rapid growth.
- 5+ years people management experience. You have handled a variety of personnel situations firsthand and have instituted organizational change to improve culture.You have scaled a team and created an operation that runs well without your immediate oversight.
- Passion for professional and personal capabilities in yourself and others. Success at promoting team members and area managers into effective leaders.
- Experience successfully developing and implementing major operational processes from beginning to end including design, procurement and setup of material handling. You have laid the foundational structure and seen it tested.
- Able and willing to operate at strategic level to prioritize company needs while also able dive deep into minute details as needed; and you know how to oscillate between the two.
- Desire to work in constantly changing and frequently ambiguous environment.
- Advanced Excel skills such as VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables.
- Six Sigma Certification a plus.
- Competitive pay
- Competitive health benefits (health, vision, dental)
- 401(k) and disability insurance
- Flexible, paid parental leave policy
- Working with a passionate, super smart team of individuals