2019 Summer MBA Intern - Strategy
Babylist is looking for a summer MBA intern to work closely with our CEO and VP of Business Operations. We are looking for candidates who want to get into tech; self-starters who know how to take a big challenge and translate into an actionable plan. This is a paid ten-week internship from June 3 - August 9th.
What You’ll Do
- Support CEO and VP of Business Operations on strategic projects
- Gain great experience in fast-paced, data-driven tech start-up
- Own a project end-to-end: defining the problem, scoping the work, owning and executing on the plan
Who You Are
- You are passionate about understanding business needs and operations
- You’re curious about answering the why?
- You can communicate complex insights in an easy-to-understand way for a wide range of cross-functional partners and stakeholders
- You're self-directed, proactive and able to define and execute projects independently
- You have strong business acumen, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You can prioritize without being overwhelmed
- You’re a Powerpoint pro and can write an executive summary with ease
What You’ve Done
- MBA candidate
- 3+ years of relevant professional work experience in Management Consulting, Business Development, or related business field
- Experience with large data sets, financial analysis, building business cases, written and verbal communication
- High degree of comfort learning new tools and the ability to create and explain analyses
Babylist is the premier platform for expecting and new parents. We offer our users tools and resources that include a anything-and-everything baby registry that offers our users the benefits of both a specialty retailer and an everything-store marketplace, expert editorial guides and content, and unique insights on new parent trends. We’re rapidly transforming the Baby landscape and have become the go-to solution for millennial parents. In 2018, over 1.5M people will give more than $200m in gifts on the Babylist platform.
Why You Will Love Working at Babylist:
* We get stuff done
* We have a real impact on people’s lives
* We're passionate about our users and we genuinely appreciate them
* We work at a sustainable pace for long-term success (yes, we’re profitable)
*We are growing and have meaningful opportunities for career advancement
* We’re a technological and data-driven business
* We are doers, but also thinkers
* We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
* We have smart, experienced leadership that is always open to new ideas
* Competitive pay
* Competitive health benefits including company-funded HRA for vision and dental
* 401(k), FSA plans and disability insurance
* Flexible, paid parental leave policy
* Easy access to BART including commuter assistance
* We work at a sustainable pace. In general we don’t work late or on weekends and most employees WFH every Wednesday.
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.