Senior Software Engineer
Babylist is an e-commerce and gifting platform for new parents and parents-to-be. We are a rapidly growing business looking for talented contributors to join our seasoned, cross-discipline team.
Our web application and backend systems are at the center of the Babylist experience - an experience our users love as they prepare for one of life's biggest events.
The Babylist engineering culture is one of learning and knowledge sharing. We are passionate about experimentation, automation and shipping value to our customers. Our stack is based on Ruby on Rails and React. We continue to expand our toolbox to use the best technologies for the job.
- You have a track record of implementing systems that can adapt to new business requirements. You can leverage domain experience in web technologies and e-commerce.
- You understand testing, monitoring and running a production software system. You are able to develop an architecture with a team.
- You are passionate about using your engineering experience to quickly define and implement systems and features that provide value to our customers.
- You value collaboration and working with a strong team. You are excited to support your team and pleased when they support you.
- You know how to roll up your sleeves. We like systems that run well, but when things don't go as planned we support each other.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with product owners to designing, implementing and deploying systems to support and scale our growing e-commerce, content and fulfillment operations.
- Provide thought leadership around process, tooling and systems. We benefit by more knowledge and learning how others solve problems. You would feel excited to bring in new ways of solving problems.
- Improve and help maintain existing systems. Friction in the development process slows us down and has a large opportunity cost. We see value in taking time to create maintainable systems and remove hurdles from the development process.
- Working in a close, supportive team solving real world problems and making decisions.
- Maintaining older systems and replacing them safely.
- Learning and growing as an engineer.
- 5+ years of engineering experience with a proven track record of building consumer web applications or services.
- Ability to demonstrate superior understanding of CS fundamentals.
- Experience designing and implementing scalable web services.
- Experience with React/Redux a plus
- Mentoring. You're comfortable and excited about helping others learn their craft.
- You should be well versed in effective group communication. As the saying goes: strong opinions, lightly held.
- A hunger to learn from your peers and make their jobs easier. We like to learn from each other.
- Competitive pay and meaningful equity.
- Competitive health benefits with a FSA account for vision and dental.
- Flexible, paid parental leave policy.
- Work from home Wednesdays.
- Working with a passionate, super smart team of individuals.