About the Role
Babylist is looking for a Data Analyst to join our growing Operations and Strategy team. Partnering with our Data Scientist, you will be focused on empowering decision-making through data for both internal and external stakeholders. You will be responsible for delivering data-driven, actionable insights that contribute to our business. In this role, you will help scope, build, and maintain key dashboards, support stakeholders in using data to answer strategic questions, and deliver data-driven insights to drive the business forward. Your work will have immediate impact across the company and you will be in a uniquely cross-discipline role, working with nearly every team in the company.
What You’ll Do
- You will own business intelligence and consumer insights at Babylist, both internally and externally. You will create and maintain our business dashboards and reports to track ongoing business metrics, performance of A/B tests, and special projects with brand partners.
- You’ll gather data from our own databases as well as third party sources, and you’ll turn them into meaningful and actionable insights.You will dive into a broad range of data including transaction databases, relational databases, usage data, etc.
- You will work closely with business stakeholders and engineering to make sure data definitions and technical logic specifications align with business requirements.
- Perform ad hoc analyses to aid in data-driven decision-making across the team.
- Spot trends and present them to an audience of executives and other stakeholders with different backgrounds.
- You’ll work with our PR team to establish Babylist as an expert in the larger Baby industry by sharing consumer insights on market trends through the lens of data.
Who You Are
- You are passionate about the benefits that data driven decision-making can bring to organizations.
- You’re curious and obsessed with answering the WHY behind the data trends.
- You’re a data visualization wizard who can communicate complex insights in an easy-to-understand way for a wide range of audiences.
- You're self-directed, proactive, and able to define and execute projects independently
- You have strong business acumen, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are adept with SQL and more scientific reporting languages such as Python, R, MatLab, etc.
- You can prioritize without being overwhelmed.
What You’ve Done
- BS/MS degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Technology or equivalent/related degree.
- 3+ years of relevant professional work experience in analytics, data engineering, business intelligence, market research or related field
- Experience with business intelligence tools and the ability to create report mockups
- High proficiency in SQL and the ability to navigate a relational database
- Experience in a scripting language such as Python, R or another statistical language
Babylist is a baby registry and e-commerce platform that helps expecting parents get exactly what they need. in 2019 over $300 million worth of gifts will be purchased off of the Babylist registries.
Why You Will Love Working at Babylist:
* We get stuff done
* We have a real impact on people’s lives
* We're passionate about our users and we genuinely appreciate them
* We work at a sustainable pace for long-term success (yes, we’re profitable)
*We are growing and have meaningful opportunities for career advancement
* We’re a technological and data-driven business
* We are doers, but also thinkers
* We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
* We have smart, experienced leadership that is always open to new ideas
* Competitive pay
* Competitive health benefits including company-funded HRA for vision and dental
* 401(k), FSA plans and disability insurance
* Flexible, paid parental leave policy
* Easy access to BART including commuter assistance
* We work at a sustainable pace. In general we don’t work late or on weekends and most employees WFH every Wednesday.
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.